Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I think that my next stage in endeavors (since I've got so many others going on, seriously) will be music production and playing. Truly indie music, backed by nothing in terms of money and stupid music labels etc. I've entrenched myself in rock. Good ol' drums and guitar rock. Grunge is a major influence too. If I could sum up the sound I'd like to conjure up I'd immediately mention the genres of Nu-Wave, Grunge, Punk, Indie, and Folk. I've even gotten into Creedance Clearwater, which probably falls under Folk.

I have an electric guitar, some drumsticks and a great production program at my disposal. I suppose that my next step is going to be to learn chords and go over drumming rudiments. The plans are to then create some sounds. I'd also like to throw in percussion in the form of Caribbean drums/congas and some folkish percussion from cowbells and tambourines. I'd also like to fiddle around with a harmonica and maybe even a banjo for true Folk sound!

After mounting and creating some sound and foundation I'd like to then travel over to the Dominican Republic to hone in on a more independent and untouched scene and sound out there. I'd like to move over to the capital for 2010 with Frank and perhaps others (anyone willing to partake in the sound, really).I like the name New York Sound Machine, perhaps paying tribute to Gloria Estefan and her Miami Machine.

I've also got some heavy modern influences in electronic, Hip-Hop-based genres like Electro, Freestyle, and Bass. I hope to tap into that as well.

1 comment: