Sunday, July 26, 2009

Time and family

It's five minutes to ten am. Just got to Allentown PA to visit my mom and litlle sister, my little brother is in Florida for vacation. I really miss him. What saddens me the most is that Idon't know when I'll see him again. I have 28 days left before I leave for Cali and it has yet to sink in. As I sit across from my mother on her desk who complaints about my little sister being a teen and texting too much, I realize time is getting to her. Although she looks great for her age, it has left its scars. It's like a clawing machine and some get closer to it's claws--time's claws. And we're all getting scratched. We're getting older. Everyday. And not in the sense of aging and maturing, but more of the time passing. I lose track of time. I lose track of people. I don't want to, but my life's experiences have unfortunately allowed me to easily detach myself from people--family. It's numbing. It's the worst feeling. Although I'm leaving shortly I still don't feel any sort of anxiety. I would like to do something different this time. I want to keep my family. I want to keep you. I want to keep you all. You, my friends. You are now my family. You will be missed. So let's make the next 28 days unforgettable. Let's make the best bond that can be made. To a molecular level. I want to carry you all in my DNA. Unseparable. In me. You. Me. Us. Together. Without the claws of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment