Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some people will not understand me completely. They believe that I am some happy-go-lucky guy that believes in concepts like love, anarchy and freedom.

They do not know that along with being a happy-go-lucky free-spirit, I am also a very intense, critically thinking being. I am two very different and very opposing things in one. Which leads some people to ask why or how that duality is possible because--to them--it does not square up.

Good. It should not. Just like how many things in the world do not square up. For they are are vastly more complex than we were taught or have imagined.

Like this, I am also vastly more complex. I exist in a continuous state of living and self-discovery in relation to others. I do not control the universe, but I do control its proximity and relationship to me. This applies to all situations, environments and, most noticeably, people. I have the power to decide who is good for me and who is not. What is good for me and what is not. What I can be and what I choose not to be. I critically think. I do not just believe in anything about love, anarchy and freedom.

Sometimes people can be fooled into assuming that they are like me or that I am like them because we have things in common or there are similarities. This is not true, however. I am not truly like them any more than I am truly like any of the heroes or people that I admire. I will never truly be anyone except myself.

There are some times that I operate on a simple, down-to-earth level. Other times I operate on a higher, more complex, above-the-earth level. I do not abide to everyone and everything at all times. I change.

No one beckons the wind and it blows just fine. No one summons the rain, but it falls nonetheless. And so I ask, as a being, to be less understood as ideological material and more understood as a force.

No comments:

Post a Comment