Saturday, August 1, 2009

Today I was sad and felt useless. I told my friends that, although this was my exterior, I didn't believe that it represented me in full. It did, however, represent my mood and I felt miserable. I read a bit of The Catcher In The Rye. 5 pages in and I surely identied with it's protagonist. And that felt okay. Then I up and left. It had stopped raining and I took my bike out. I rode to some friends on 145th Street. There I called Frank in DR to tell him that I was thinking about him. I learned that he--hundreds of miles away--was doing the same thing, hanging with friends. We finished speaking. I left and I rode more bike. When I rode I experienced the first bits of a successful brake-skid. I was very happy for that. It is accomplished with the combination of a somewhat precise and explosive pull-push motion when riding. I hear that the faster you are going, the easier the braking/skidding gets.

It is 5AM now and I have remained awake and outdoors since earlier. I was depressed because I felt that I could not receive a fair shot at making a living in the real fake world, and that living in my world doesn't make a living at all. But I am okay. If I am most remembered for things like eccentricity, art, and honesty then I am happy with those melancholy images.

No comments:

Post a Comment